What is Hoarding?
Hoarding disorder is defined as an ongoing difficulty throwing away or parting with possessions. When faced with getting rid of items, an individual with a hoarding disorder becomes distressed. As a consequence an excessive quantity of items accumulate. Symptoms of a hoarding disorder include:
- Difficulty letting go of inanimate objects, even when they are broken or useless.
- Spending money as therapy but never using purchases.
- Stockpiling inappropriate items.
- Rooms that cannot be used for intended purpose.
- Dangerous levels of clutter.
A history of failed attempts to declutter can damage an individuals self-esteem leading to a situation where they don't even try to declutter anymore. Clutter Free Solutions are here to help such individuals see that success is possible for them. Our professional organiser will work on a one-to-one basis with the client, helping them to gain objectivity and clarity about their possessions.
Clutter Free Solutions would like to reassure prospective clients of the following: